• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MacGyver - foreman all around tire size

BoxMN

Hey MacGyver! I know there are plenty of generic "what tires should I get" posts, and all contain good info.

But specifically for a Foreman 450 (ES, 2003 even, though I think all might have same tire specs) would you change from stock tire or rim size for general all arounud general purpose use? I still have stock tires and wheels, and didn't fix my slow leak. Not hard to put air in every few weeks.

But if I got new stuff, and use just for around the lot in summer, through woods in fall, and a lot for ice fishing where we get decent amount of snow, what would you recommend? Should/can I go larger than stock on same wheels? Is it worth it? You have more miles on a single foreman than about all the people I know combined smile Thanks!

You have more miles on a single foreman than about all the people I know combined smile Thanks!

Sadly not any more, I sold it, but am putting miles on the 2012 Foreman as fast as I can.... 2500 so far...!

I havent bought tires in a very long time though. I actually kept the wheels and tires off my last Foreman and put them on the new one. I originally had 26x12x12 Bear Claws on the old Foreman which worked well, but were all done after about 4500 miles. I bought 27x11x12 589s after that and they now have nearly 8000 miles and still look and work good enough that I am not ready to buy new yet. I picked up a set of new (stock sized)Rubicon aluminum wheels (same as Foreman stock) when I got the 589s and they still look like new with little to no extra maintenance.

I wouldn't hesitate to go up one size to a 26 inch and an 11 or 12 wide on the rear, but I dont think I'd go go wider than a 9 or 10 on the front anymore. Clearance isnt an issue but steering gets a bit tough with the wider tires especially when stopped or at slow speeds.

To be perfectly honest, I dont know what to tell you as far as a good all around tire choice. All I know is these 589s in the picture have probably 7000+ when this pic was taken and they still are good tires and have never had a leak since day one.

If you are happy with the stock tires, they are out there I just picked up a set of brand new Foreman wheels and tires to put on my wifes Rancher for $275 off of the list.

full-8254-40147-newforeman002.jpg