• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Newbie questions - What accessories do I really need?

Pharcta2

I ended up going with the Yamaha Kodiak 450. True Automatic tranny and true 4 wheel drive overruled Honda's Foreman ES shift button tranny and limited slip front end.

OK - and my wife said the seat height was more comfortable for her!

Pharcta2 - I too recently acquired a Kodiak 450. I have added a Moose plow and a Warn winch --- What a blast I'm having pushing snow. The only problem is that my wife is accusing me of having too much fun grin.gif I also added a auger carrier to the front rack. I'm considering a bucket rack to help with the ice fishing equipment.

BTW - if you notice that the diff/lock doesn't want to shift out just move the handle bars back and forth a little to dissengage it.

I'm just a curious to hear what accessories are must haves and which ones are a waste of money.

I purchased a Honda Rancher AT 400 a month ago. The only thing I have added was hand and thumb warmers. Nice addition. Will be adding a winch in the future. Other than that, I can't think of anything else I would need. Just bought it for some trail riding. Good luck, Junky..............

Congrats on the new machine, Pharcta. An important accessory is joing ATVAM and maybe an ATV Club.... smile.gif

A windshield really is nice to have. If funds are tight, bolt a Action Packer plastic box onto the rack.

All the guys mentioned some good add-ons.