• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What to do

fishingbuddy

My son bought a used ATV scambler and has had shifting problems since he bought it. He took it back to the dealer and they said it was the clutch. They changed it for him at a price of 450. The problem never went away so he took it back again. This time they found bits in the oil. Bottom line they are rebuilding the engine. My son then got deployed to the desert for the second time. When I asked to be reinbursed for the clutch they are him/hawing saying it was worn. I disagree! Worn clutches still work!! Any ideas?

Whst dealer did you bring it to? With as much as I work on Polaris atv's, A worn clutch doesn't cause shifting problems if it is shifthing in and out of gear your talking about. Now a worn clutch will cause shifting problems when accellorating and decellorating. Sounds like they don't know which kind of shifting problem you have. granted the new clutch may fix one shifting problem, but not the other. And these bits you talk about. Would they be metal. Last time I checked the scramble had a seperate motor and tranny. If it's got tranny problems right from the get go the dealer should take care of it. Because most likely they knew about it but got burned by the person that trade/sold it to them.

I guess I've never seen a scrambler with a 5 speed tranny. But it may have a couple of bent shift forks in it. which will cause it to jump out of gear and and grind up the tranny. Can't say I'm not suprized, by tousley hosing you. Jason the service manager is an id10t. And his brother david the sales manager is just as bad. And yes they probably knew there was a problem from the get go. But will deny it the whole way. sorry to hear you are having so much troble. I hope that they do repair it at no cost to you. Next time bring it to HP in South St.Paul.