• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice rod blanks

I think they will have everything Thorne Bros has.

I seriously doubt it.

What do people from Florida know about ice fishing other than copying what others have designed.

We in Minnesota have the best designers/suppliers of ice rod blanks in the country.

Please keep it local. Support our own!

I'm sure Thorne bros keeps it local smirk... and pays top dollar for there blanks.. rather than out sources to an overseas manufacturer.. because nobody does that and lies about it?? 2c

I am by no means saying they do or they don't but

Judging by the powernoodle I ordered in 2011 when they was a shortage...because of poor grade of materials from the state , and over selling at Ice show they backored for months.

(other words they where on a slow leaky boat from god only knows where)

when I finally got mine it looked like something out of the archery dept.

for the money I wasnt all that Impressed.

dont get me wrong my powernoodle is nice I still use it ..but for all the hype and being a local product , qaulity wasnt as I had hoped.

After fishing DH I'll likley never order another thorne bros blank

The 2013 ICAST fishing combo award winner was an ice combo from a company based where--Florida!!! So apparently its possible that people in Florida can design a good rod. I'm not saying Thorne doesn't make a good product--I do think their rod blanks are overpriced--there is nothing wrong with competition.

This is a rod building forum. I don't care what the most commercialized Chinese combo of the year is. If you are looking for cheep solid blanks there is many locations you can find them on a simple search.

By no means is a $11 blank the same as the TB blanks of the same name. Look at the specs.

You get what you pay for. Hard core ice heads know what I'm talking about. This would only be competition if it were comperable products. But I fear it is not, it is a simple case of misleading people and capitalizing on anothers name and hard work.

But if you can get TBs to state they are destributing there blanks thru MH I will eat pie.

LC, I built on a DH blank last winter and love it. The price is right in my book. I can't wait to do a few more this year.

From the contacts I have in the indestery all sanded solid carbon and glass blanks are manufactured over seas. Also the thinner the shaft the more expensive the blank do to more kick outs and rejects.

I dont think thorne bros would distribute through mudhole. suck part is there all expensive because Im so far south of either DH or TB shipping hurts unless you can afford to order 30 blanks at a time which i dont need , or do I ? lol

just ordered 4 more Aldentes for the upcoming ice season & I already have 4 and one Power noodle

This is a rod building forum. I don't care what the most commercialized Chinese combo of the year is. If you are looking for cheep solid blanks there is many locations you can find them on a simple search.

By no means is a $11 blank the same as the TB blanks of the same name. Look at the specs.

You get what you pay for. Hard core ice heads know what I'm talking about. This would only be competition if it were comperable products. But I fear it is not, it is a simple case of misleading people and capitalizing on anothers name and hard work.

But if you can get TBs to state they are destributing there blanks thru MH I will eat pie.

I don't know if you have tried the Mud Hole blanks or not, I hope you have or you can't say if its comparable or not. I have, the MHX line, and they are fantastic. I have MHX and TB rods. Love them both, I don't know if the specs are the same but they both perform amazing and I am not sure I could tell the two apart in a blind test they are that good.

I am not saying mudhole is selling TB blanks as I assume they are totally different, but to say something of a lower price doesn't compare with out trying both (again I am assuming you haven't) then in fairness you shouldn't make comments like that.

Yes its a small sample size, but I was extremely impressed. I love to stay local and shop at TB often but for the difference in price I just can't spend that much more on any more TB blanks.

I was dissapointed to see mudhole using the same model names, it was nice for a reference but wish they wouldn't have done that, I don't like copycats, make a good product and let the performance get it noticed.

In my opinion you can not go wrong with either, we are talking about two top tier rod blanks.