• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Humminbird 597 ci HD DI for Ice Fishing

icefisker

I have read that this unit is not compatible with any of the ice transducers for ice fishing because it has Down Imaging, does anyone out there have any insight or experience with this?

Would be pretty bummed out, as i hardly ever use the DI feature in the summer anyway...

Thank you!

I believe DI only works when moving.

you are correct DI only works when moving. if you want a 597 for ice fishing you need to get the non DI 597. they offer a transducer for that. the same deal if you have a boat and want to hook it to a minnekota trolling motor that has the us2 transducer. I tried my 597 DI on my trolling motor and even in regular 2d sonar it gave me false readings and was not working right.

you can't shut off just the DI. you can how ever turn off the sonar completely and just use the GPS and mapping part of the unit. this is what I did with my 597 DI. I had it mounted in the truck and used the gps to drive to the spots I wanted to fish(this is when there was drivable ice). if you want a 597 for ice fishing get a non DI model 597. they just put out a ice unit last season with the 597 non di on it.

From Humminbird this morning....

Thank you for contacting Humminbird. We appreciate your interest in our products. The 597ci HD DI unit can now use the ice transducer XI 9 20 with the latest software update, with the latest software update there is a setting under the Sonar menu called Digital Depth Source that must be changed to 2D element when using the XI 9 20 transducer.

AWESOME!!! Thanks for the insight everyone, that chill in the air up here this morning tells me it wont be long!!!

Are you saying these units don't reliably read the bottom if they are not moving? I would have never guessed that. I bet there are some disappointed boat guys that put them on the front trolling motor. That sounds weird, is that the case?