• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for a little help...and a photo

I write a farming blog, and love to take photos & videos of the various things we do. The combine is where I'll be spending a lot of time this fall, and usually has great photo opportunities. My cell phone camera is horrible, so I am looking for other options.

Is there a way to protect my 60D from all the dust, yet have it easy enough to grab a photo? Or is there a good, rugged point and shoot that I should look at for my dirty jobs?

I'll leave you with a photo I kinda liked of a freshly morphed cicada. I love my nifty fifty!

IMG_0468b_zps168a8c82.jpg

I think Pentax, Olympus and maybe another one makes a point and shoot that is dust proof, water proof up to 30 feet give or take, crush proof for quite a bit of wieght and drop proof for somewhere around six feet. I have never shot any of them, but they do exist.

I like the close up shot! First off I wouldn't get all that concerned about the dust. If you are not doing lens changes your camera can take a fair amount of dust! That is the key, just don't change lenses. Keep the camera in a camera bag, pillow case, backpack etc while it is with you then pull it out to take your shot.

At the end of the day, use a rocket blower to clean off the dust from the camera. Then use a microfiber cloth to gently wipe off the outside of the camera. Should be no problem at all.

Thanks, Dan! I was wishing I had it with me today. There was a coyote hanging out in the field I was chisel plowing in. Beautiful looking animal...very healthy. But, you'll have to take my word for it!

I always carry a bag with a zipper, so that should be an easy solution. smile