• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

racks

I tried the rubberized paint spray on my racks and it seems to work ok for now. Time will tell if that stuff will stick. I can only imagine the bedliner stuff should really do the trick!

Pulsar,
I have had people buy unpainted racks from me and apply the menards herculiner (sp?) to them and they love it. I might even have to venture and say it is tougher than my powder coated version! I think the problem you will find is the expense. I believe it goes for about $45-50 a gal. so unless you have a bottom of a leaky duck boat to do its something to consider.

shannon

------------------
"Hey Nice Rack"
www.bucketrack.com

Dave,

You may have saved me the effort of stripping and repainting my trailer! Do you remember how much coverage you get per can? Would you spray it over rust? Do you remember the cost? Am I too lazy to go to Wal-Mart?

Bornofice, the trailer frame was 6X8. I sprayed just the outside framework and tongue. Took one can at about $6 at Walmart. I used a drill and wirebrush to brush off the loose rust. The texture is rough after spraying so you can't even tell it was rusty/chipped underneath. And yes, you must be one of those lazy ATVers with asking all the questions wink.gif