• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Buying a new Jon boat

Sunny86

I need a second opinion. I have been looking at a few Jon boats at Cabelas. I am thinking about buying one but I have a few questions for anyone who has bought a boat from Cabelas. I noticed that there were a few comestic flaws on these boats, a lot were scuff marks. Is it possible to ask for a discount? Any help would appreciate.

Btw I am looking to purchase the Alumacraft 1542

I doubt they would give a discount for a minor scuff. you need to remember these are stored outside and exposed to the weather. how bad was the scuff. I bought my Alumacraft Fisherman 160CS from them. they were good to deal with. my next boat will be one of the Lowe Frontier DLX Jons they have out front of the store. I will get a 1650 or a 1860 and be putting a jet outboard on it so I can run the shallow waters of the Mississippi around Monticello. these are nice Jons so if I were you and the extra money was not a issuoate I would look at one of the too. as for sales people I worked with Dave on my deal. he is really friendly and willing to help you and answer questions you might have.

Yup - go negotiate. They'd rather sell it with 10% off than not sell it at all. Worst they can say is no. Then say I'll go check out Marine Max across 94. Assuming you're talkin bout Rogers.