• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

need help and info

angler903

I live in western Renville County, we have very little areas to ride and the one place we have is getting bad press. In a county park the county finally allowed atv's in an the rules are posted on a big billboard as you drive in, it say atv use on designated trails. Well know we have young riders making own trail throw streams and creaks that are getting ruined. People are taking down no tresspassing signs and just ruining the privilage. I just bought my atv in January and road with people who had permission and enjoyed it, but these inconsiderate ---es are making county and private owners mad.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

I may know the park you're speaking of. I have relatives in that area. For starters, are you involved in a club? Riders have to start policing other riders. Try and calmly tell them what they're doing will/is starting to ruin it for everyone. I know, harder to do than to say to do it but it's gotta start happening.
If you happen to get their registration numbers, don't be afraid to give a CO a call and ask him to have a talk with them also.

[This message has been edited by Dave (edited 06-21-2002).]

As extreme as it may sound, I'd try to recruit a CO or sheriff to head down there with you. Have him hand out a few tickets to these pukes. Maybe that would change the tide for the better. Like you said (as have many others), a few will ruin it for everyone.

I agree with both Dave & Bornofice. (hope I spelled that right). There's no place for people giving the sport a black eye before it even gets going in an area. The anti's thrive on that kind of garbage and try their best to make the illegal activities of a few the centerpiece of their argument against ATV's and their riders in general. Best to nip it in the bud.

Dotch

I'm not sure about this but I think the Prairie Riders is an ATV club that covers from redwood to willmar area. I would check out the yamaha or honda dealers in willmar, they may have some info for you about them.