• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

yamaha serial no# help

mrpike1973

sorry to complain i called a local yamaha dealer for parts they say this serial and model no# dont exist they think it maybe canadian but i cant find any luck on it. i can find 9.9 ds or dl but none that just say 9.9 d boat fixer and brewer said 1990 i cant find a way to call yamaha driving me nuts just want the year and what model it is for parts. thanks again

when i bought it the guy thought it was early 80's but according to vins they started in 1984 making boat motors and nothing matches. after finding a swedish site it shows a old vin tag like what i have there is a letter z stamped in the very lower right hand side according to this its a 1973 or 1994 model did yamaha even have motors in 1973 ? itws kind a grey coler i'm not doubting you guys but i cant get parts. if its 1973 i thik i got screwed for the price but it sure runs good .

ok boys so i drove to a different yamaha dealer this morning very freindly guys. they agree its a 1990 from the 9.9 d they said its just odd it didnt have a few other letters so its possible it was from canada but the color and style etc they said a 1990. the letter z that is stamped in it would make it a 1973 or 94 they said not a 94 model and if it were a 1973 i'm the only american with one that old. i apologize for doubting you guys i just never thought i could get lucky and get a newer motor than that thanks again also found out its a japanese yamaha mariner motor i believe it was actually made by yamaha wow what a tangeled web hee hee