• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Missing app on droid

Crazy thing about it is I had it on my home screen and used it all the time but I don't know what it was called or even for sure looked like. It was some how connected to google maps and it told you what services are in the area you are in. The app had that red pointer (upside down teardrop) and maybe the silhouette of a person. Can anyone tell me what it was called so I can get it back. I had to pull google maps back out of the apps list on the phone but cant find the other one, must have updated them.

I believe that was Google Latitude and they are no longer supporting that app.

Yes, sometimes an app update will remove the shortcut icon. Seems to happen most often with Maps for me.

There is no "Latitude" layer.

If you open Google Maps and then go to settings (swipe from the left edge of your screen) at the bottom is a option called "Where's Latitude?". Click on that and it will take you to a HSOforum explaining where it went and letting you know that it won't be supported after Aug 9th, 2013.

You really don't need it anymore with the way they've incorporated its features into Maps. Just go into the search box and type what you're looking for and it'll populate the map with the results, i.e. gas stations.

Mine looks like LMITOUTs screen and im pretty certain im running ICS. It will work. I just thought that latitude was convenient but once I get used to going threw maps it will be just as convenient.

Now that I read the "where's latitude" deal it seems like it was directed towards location sharing which I have absolutely no interest in, I just wanted to be able to find things in the area I was in.