• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How's your ride setup for huntin'?

Dave

I have a 2000 Polaris Sportsman 500 Remington Special Edition (man, that's a loooong model name)

To name a few accessories, I run 27" Bi-Claw and Tri-Claw tires, kolpin gun scabbard, plastic rack boxes, RAM mount spotlight and GPS holder, Hot Grips and Kolpin hand mitts.

Any unusual homemade accessories out there?

Dave,

You've accessorized well. You probably need a Glacier Ice Shelter for it for the winter smile.gif

Tell us a little bit about your choice of tires. I didn't think those were stock on any Polaris vehicles. What advantages do they provide and what drawbacks do they come with? What terrains have you ran them on? Price?

The only huntin' accessory I've added is an 1&7/8" ball to tow my duck boat. I need to take up another kind of hunting so I can justify more stuff. You can never have too much stuff.

Happy trails, dude!

Bornofice,
I already pull an Otter around pretty well
:-)

The tires are famous for swamp riding in southern states, like Louisiana. Aggressive tread. I did give up some smoothness on the trails but hey, I can get places where you can't smile.gif Tires this tall also need a machine with a lift kit. Without it, you'll be rubbin' rubber on your fenders.

I also have Good Year Mud Runners in the 26" size. Excellent mud tire with about a stock ride smoothness.

I noticed that Walmart is carrying tank bags, fender bags, cargo bags, hand mittens and some other ATV stiff. Bags are $14 -$20. Yes, that cheap and they looked pretty good.

And, I know what some think about Walmart, so you make the choice.