• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Oil pump or sensor?

Rivernut

Hey everyone, my oil injected 25 yamaha 2 stroke has an issue. I am presently running 50:1 after disconnecting the injector pump, after it started running rough when giving it any throttle, and the red oil light came on.Would start and idle fine. Any way to tell if its the sensor or the pump itself? Was quoted 400 if its the pump. Pump I cannot do. But the sensor is in the oil tank connected to the cap. If worst comes to worst, I will just continue to run the premix. Thanks for any help, Mike. aka Rivernut

Uh, what is the question you have? How to change the sensor? How to tell what is wrong? How to change the oil pump?

I would fix it, but I hate premixing gas since it is annoying if you are using a quantity of gas.

On my mercury you can perform a test with an ohm meter. Either contact a dealer on how to test or download the manual. You can also do an internet search but without knowing the year and the letters behind the model its pointless.

Year and model number please.

I'm not even sure there is a rotation sensor on the oil pump anyway. Try disconnecting the wires coming from the reservoir. If the tank is empty, the light will come on.