• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Some new stuff...

It was time to pick up some new tools. My old laptop has 12 solid years of service on it and was just about filled up, so it was time to pick up a new one. Wow what a difference a new processor, triple the ram speed, and a nicer graphics card can make. I also went ahead and ordered Lightroom 4. First time using Lightroom so it is a bit of a difference from what I was used to (DPP) but I will get the hang of it and can already see a whole bunch of benefits over my old workflow processes. I also decided while I was at it, that I wanted to get the new 40mm STM Pancake lens that Canon is offering. I have read several reviews of the lens and thought that for 150 bones, it would make a great walk around lens for car shows and the like. Something with decent framing and light weight. There are also plans to pick up the 6D in the near future. I have the 1DmkII right now and am looking forward to the full frame sensor and wifi/gps capabilities of the 6D. Considering selling the 1DmkII and getting a 7D to go with the 6D, but I know I probably wont get what I want out of the 1D, so that may just have to stay in the rotation. Anyway, as you can tell I am pretty excited and getting pumped to be more active with my photography again. I have been in a bit of a rut as of late and just not wanting to drag all the equipment out, the smaller 6D and 40 STM combo might make it easier to "pocket" the camera to carry more often.

And I can't have a thread in the photo section without a photo.

From a recent trip to Arkansas for a funeral.

8644647197_62a2a819fb_z.jpg

One more maybe.

8644561171_1920f11733_z.jpg

Oh alright.

8645622982_9f41f592ec_z.jpg