• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How has Devils lake changed

After fishing the lake 4 years in a row I have not been there in 3 years and now have a trip planned for the third week in June. Has the lake changed much the last 3 years? Do you still see the windblown shorelines full of globs of shrimp? Is corking still good in the trees and can one get into pelican lake through the coulee bridge? I am taking my wife this year and hoping to tie up to a tree in the "jungle" for some bobber action. Seems like every time i go there I have got to find new spots.

Water levels have been up and down over the last 3 years but you will probably see higher water than the last time you were up there. You can still navagate to pelican lake under coulee bridge, or there is now a landing on pelican as well. You should be able to find fish in your traditional areas but dont expect it to look the same as it did back then. It seems like the high water the last few years has really changed the lake. A lot of once very productive timber stands are sometimes now non existant. Fishing shallow and keying in on weedlines has been the norm the last few years.