• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Electric boat lift/winch

erikwells

Question

Our manual lift for our boat died last fall. My neighbor was able to rig it together to get us through the season. I'm thinking my dad would get out and fish more if he had an electric lift. I have no clue what the market is for these or what to look for. I really want to get one because I think it will get dad out on the water more. Is there a used market for these or is this an item that you just don't buy used? Any help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Erik

3 answers to this question

You might try Lift dealers. My neighbor got a used one for his lift last year from a dealer outside of Hackensack. If you buy a new one you can get electric or solar powered. I would for sure get the remote, makes it so much easier to get back on if it is windy.

Good Luck!

Rockin Randy

I have had one for about 6 years. You can find a number of companies by doing the google. Mine does not have a remote and I am not sure it would be necessary. The thing will be down when you're out and all you have to do is pull the boat onto the lift, plug in the cord and away you go. I have a deep cell battery on my boat that powers the winch and some things on the boat. I also bought a solar panel from Northern and put it on top of the lift and plug it in when I am done securing the boat. It keeps the battery charged up and avoids the hassle of carrying it up to charge it. All I did was put some conduit across the ends so that they go over some supports on the canopy and then tie it down with a rope over the top of the canopy. I dock the boat on Bald Eagle and so i take the motor off the winch when I am done for the day. It cost about $650 or so and I am afraid it would get legs if I left it out. The winch is great and does in fact make it a lot easier to use the boat as cranking the thing up can get very tiring.

The one I have simply has a rubber wheel that rubs on the big manual lift wheel and powers the boat up or down. I suspect you could get a direct drive to fit on your lift but I suspect that could get a bit pricey. I believe you may be able to get a decent price if you wait for the boat show later this winter.