• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Waterproof paneling for garage

schmoe147

Im debating installing waterproofing panel 4ft up on the inside of my garage walls. Has anyone ever done this, I'm wondering If it's a easy thing to do yourself or if better off hiring it out. What brand material is recommend. What can someone expect to pay for something like this. Thanks

I am going to do this very soon as well. The rough textured white colored panels your probably referring to are called FRP(fiberglass reinforced panels?). I've seen it done at alot of commercial kitchens and other places to keep the walls clean. Very scratch resistant and clean easy. The garage would be a good spot for these. I've seen these panels at Menard s for $20 for a 4x8 sheet. These are thinner than a commercial grade, but the price is better and serve the same purpose. The adhesive trowels on like doing tile. You would need trim for the top and seams to make it look finished. If you can run a jigsaw, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be a diy project

yup. I've put it up many times in commercial areas with those plastic pin wall anchor things. Drill a hole in the panel and the wall, push the anchor in and tap the center pin in. No adhesive.

Do these plastic pin wall anchors come with as a kit or are they purchased separately ? Thanks for all the responses Im really excited to get this done. Anything you have to do to prevent mold behind the panels ?