• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

jiffy 30

Wolffy

I was looking at new augers the other day and was wondering about putting the stealth blades on the regular jiffy. Has anyone looked in to this or done it? The way it looked is that the stealth was the same auger but with the 2 small blades off of the center point. The point looks to be the same on both of them minus the holes. i am just curious to hear opinions.

I have been messing with blades on a jiffy , eskimo , strikemaster the last few years . The chipper blades may be slower by a few seconds but if you want a clean straight hole ,less hassle and the ability to sharpen yourself in my humble opinion stick with the chipper blades . the lazers are scary fast but to me not worth the trouble and cost.

I use the Lansky stones in my knife sharpening kit . Use them free hand with a little honing oil go from course medium and fine you just have to make sure you don't change the angles . Less honing on the flat that is the last stage , I am still on the oringal blade it's a jiffy 30 with a Tech have a spare blade have yet to use it . Hope this helps .

bigblue i believe you are mistaking what im talking about. the regular jiffy and the jiffy stealth are both chipper style blades. the jiffy stealth has 2 extra blades off from the center point, with a total of 3 blades, with the original having just the one.

full-42446-29040-images.jpg

But anyways I'm wondering if anybody notices a difference in cut times between the two styles of augers. can anyone compare the two for me?

I know about the blades you mentioned . I put my two cents in comparing chippers to the lazers to me it's mostly about the amount of time it takes to cut a hole I personally don't need the speed and the cost involved with lazer blades or the super chippers . But it sure looks like a bolt on swap if you go for it let us know how it works out . Good Fishing.

I have a stealth and it flies. I have a 2hp tecumseh and a model 30 for it. Have not sharpened or replaced the blades yet after only a year I expect to go a long time. I would call jiffy for fun and ask if you could just drill it out and buy the blades from fleet farm. Or go measure how far down the tip blades go and do it. BTW it is a 5 blade system with the center point.

A well tuned model 30 with sharp blades can really rip some holes. My dads buddy bought a new blade for his 25 to 30 yr old jiffy 30 and it still didn't cut that great. Then he tool his blade back off and held the belt sander keeping the same angle on the center point. That thing will hold its own. He has never done so much as a carb kit to it. He said it used to be work to drill a few holes. Now he pops 6 or 7 like nothing loves his like brand new 30 yr old drill. wink