• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Clam arctic warrior tip-up?

portageman

I've used them a lot. I like the fact that it allows you to use a rod and reel. The problem is many times I ended up getting my line tangled in the flag as it tripped from a fish. And you have to velcro a bracket onto your rod.

I recently purchased the HT brand and it works much better. Worth the extra 5 bucks.

I have two of them. I attached a Frabill Arctic Siren to both so that when the flag flies up the alarm goes off. I love them. Only gripe would be that I wish they covered the metal part that attaches to the rod with plastic or something because if you grab the rod with warm or wet bare hands you'll stick to the cold metal. Probably something that I could fix by covering it with some tape.

I have one and it is the first tip up I put out. The only problem I have is that the holes will freeze up so you have to knock the ice out quite often. I have thought of a couple solutions to that problem but I need to get to HD or Menards to get the appropriate repurposing supplies

piece of 1" or thicker pink foam with a slit cut halfway up the middle works great. Run the line through the slit. Just sprinkle some snow around the edges and over the slit. I've had to hole stay open in temps below -10 all day like this.

piece of 1" or thicker pink foam with a slit cut halfway up the middle works great. Run the line through the slit. Just sprinkle some snow around the edges and over the slit. I've had to hole stay open in temps below -10 all day like this.

+1

I did something similar. I took a 1" foam seat pad (for a tree stand) and a lid for a 5 gal bucket and attached the foam to the lid, cut a slit in the two, it works but air can still get under it. Am going to add foam or plywood to the bottom. This plays triple duty. I can use it as a seat for hole hopping or as a bucket, or a hole cover.