• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What would you have missed if someone hadn't shown you the outdoors and what it offers

What would you have missed if someone hadn't shown you the outdoors and what it offers? Could you bait a hook, tie a knot, identify a tree, pitch a tent or flush a bird? Today's world is different but kids are the same – they're naturally curious, thirsty for adventure and always ready to explore.

Some of these activities offer instruction, tips and guidance from experienced outdoor coaches. Parents and guardians often find this assistance helpful because it provides knowledge they may not have.

The outdoors is still there. So take advantage of the special seasons, hunts, weekends and fishing activities listed here. They're designed to get you involved and kids interested. But they're meant to let you help a kid discover the joy of being outdoors.

Check out the Mn DNR HSOforum for more information

Mn Dnr

I don't know what I would have done if the outdoors wasn't shown to me. It is my way of life. I have had many different passions in my life like hockey,drums,golf ect but fishing is my biggest passion. I am very thankful to be able to grow up with a cabin on ten mile lake in walker mn. That is where I got hooked on fishing for the first time. My grandfather and dad always brought me out when I was younger and I couldn't get enough of it. If the word fishing came up I dropped whatever I was doing and went. I hope when I have kids its the same way but for now I love to mentor them and show new people to the outdoors.

Well looking back I would have missed out on, burning about a millon gals of gas, burning out 4 boats and motors, 15 snowmobiles, 3-4 wheelers, 5 dirt and Dual sport bikes, 5 portable and one hard side ice houses, 3-4 bows and countless arrows, maybe 15 guns and countless rounds of ammo, 6-7 4x4 trucks and SUV's, 4 ice augers, 7 fish locators, and God only knows how much on camo, boots, snowshows, X-skis, etc,etc,etc. confused

But, I still have the same wife so it all must have been worth it!! laugh

Everything I currently live for!

No, seriously.

Enjoying time with friends and family in an eviroment away from the rush, rush of the business world.

Enjoying a fresh fish diner we harvested.

Seeing how the outdoors can bring a different relaxation to a person.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.