• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Eskimo M43 Mako Leaking Gas (found location of source)

Lusid

I purchased the Eskimo M43 Mako last year from cabelas and didn't use it until this year. After multiple uses (5+ outtings) I started to notice that the Air filter sponge was soaked in fuel. What would cause this?

My thought is - the needle is stuck or the 2-stroke oil is not cooperating.

Things to note:

-Currently using 92octane non-oxygenated fuel

-All my clear plastic lines are still supple and not stiff.

-Using Tanaka Perfect Mix 2-Stroke Oil 16 oz. Self Measuring Bottle 700218 (search amazon for exact specs)

-Areas circled in Yellow also indicate some areas of fuel accumlation full-22855-28603-photo.jpg

What do you guys think? crazy

I got a 43 as well and checked my pre-filter pre season and found it had quite a bit of accumulation as well. As long as the fuel mix isn't actually leaking out of it it's normal. You always get some accumulation of fuel mix on the filter from normal operation just by the way a two stroke functions especially when the filter is that close to the carb. I just cleaned the excess by squeazing the filter in a couple dry shop rags and stuck it back in. I think it's a good thing to have a little oil in the filter. Not one issue otherwise with my Mako, love it!

I got a 43 as well and checked my pre-filter pre season and found it had quite a bit of accumulation as well. As long as the fuel mix isn't actually leaking out of it it's normal. You always get some accumulation of fuel mix on the filter from normal operation just by the way a two stroke functions especially when the filter is that close to the carb. I just cleaned the excess by squeazing the filter in a couple dry shop rags and stuck it back in. I think it's a good thing to have a little oil in the filter. Not one issue otherwise with my Mako, love it!

I love how the thing cuts + starts every time I use it. Solid little machine. Once you prime it correctly and set the thing to choke it fires up every single time! Other than the minor fuel issue.