• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lets see some pics of kids with ther fish threw the ice!!

Well our first ice event of the season is next weekend and we are getting very excited to get back on the hard water and make some memories of helping our youth catch there first fish.

So with that, lets see some pics of kids catching there first fish or maybe there 1,000,000th!! All in all spending time with kids and teaching them about the great outdoors is what it is all about!!

24188_101004253270235_8042473_n.jpg

Bring the parents, and the kids will follow. Dad contacted me a few years ago and wanted to learn more about ice fishing. He's worked hard all his life and remembered fishing when he was younger; now that his boys are older, and mamma's on board, he wanted to relearn how to fish and get his boys out.

On one day, we caught 25 pike, and they all had a blast. I see them at the community spot and on facebook posting pictures talking about their adventures.

Here is a couple of my Favs of my boy Jake. The Pics are from at LOW The pic outside has an interesting story- I told him I was taking a quick nap around noon-wake me up in an hour. He yelled at me to wake up an hr Later and I came outside to see these laying in front of him ! I guess i missed a flury.full-16165-28648-jakelowwalleye.jpg

full-16165-28649-jakelowoutside.png

Thanks for the compliment. Family did all the hard work. I just stood in the right spot.

Don't remember what body was being used there. Most likely a D700. I don't like to carry anything extra for travel when it's not for pay ie the big bodies.

Usually when fishing for fun/family it's a d700 or small mirrorless DSLR with nothing more than a 35mm and sometimes a 50mm. From the photo and looking at the DOF on the kids I'm guessing it was 35mm with 2.8 or less on the A. The fish and kids are both soft. The shot was meant to emphasize the wife. However it was the early morning of the 1st so who knows what was happening in the nugget??

Honestly if I could only carry one body and one lens say the Leica stuff that would be it. Too much gear just get's in the way of making the shot.

ao

that's a nice peice. I just shoot with my canon 2TI. I save my 5D for portraits and landstyle shooting. If the TI gets broken, then I'm not going to cry as much as my 5D.

I write for Coulee Region Parenting once in a while, doing outdoor pieces. But I got a couple story ideas if you ever wanna gel let me know.

Sounds great to me man. Up for it any time. I kind of gave the writing gig up when I moved back home. I have been writing for Southwest Fly Fishing regularly for a decade. Just not in my heart. I love taking the photos the pen and ink feel too much like work. Ha.

Would be fun to get together and do something just let me know sincerely happy to make the new ice-bud and see what happens from there.

ao

We had an amazing weekend in Menominee Wisconsin For our kids winter jam. The kids caught alot jumbos and everyone went home with great prizes. We definitely love what we do and thats getting our future stewards into the sport of ice fishing. Here is a Pic with a young man with a huge smile on his face after getting a nice 11 inch jumbo. He couldn't stop saying how much he loved this. These are the memories I will never forget!! Many more pics to come!!

481293_4917314167318_229376733_n.jpg

I just want to say Thank you to all of you that put your time into Making the Menomonie Winter Jam a success. The time you put into this was extreme. All that attended I think had a great time and memories to go home with. The temp was brutal cold but the pros made it very bearable helping the kids get something through the ice. The prizes were a bonus and the reactions to some of the kids were priceless. Thanks Much

Very Very cool!!!! These are the little things that get the kids hooked on fishing. I hope to see more pics from parents or mentors with there buddy's big catch or just pictures out on the ice. Don't forget to get your kids involved with our extreme next gen forum!!! This was put here for them to enjoy smile

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.