• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thanks to all of you!

Jeff13

Last fall I decided to get back into bow hunting, I began bow hunting when I was 12 with my dad and hunted with him until I was a senior in high school. When I went to college I had no time and kind of got out of it. So this year has been my first time in the field bow hunting in 13 years. Technology has changed a lot in those years and I got a new bow and started all over.

I began reading this bow hunting forum last winter and the knowledge I have gained from reading this forum has been very helpful. Everything from selecting my bow, sights, arrows, broad heads, camo, and hunting strategies has been so helpful. Many of you have years of knowledge and bow hunting experience to share and I thank you for that.

It's pretty cool to have a place to go to get questions answered and for people to share a variety of honest opinions. Thanks to all of you for sharing your stories of your hunts successful and not successful. I have not yet filled my tag, but have two more hunts left to do so. I have passed does and small bucks this year in hopes of a true giant. I've learned so much about deer this year, and their behaviors from just watching deer at close range with out them even knowing I was there.

Even if I don't fill a tag this year I will consider it a success due to the experience I have gained. Every time in the field I believe you learn and experience something new that makes you a better hunter.

Thanks to all of you and for sharing both your positive and negative experiences that you have had in the field. I hope you have a great new year and a successful 2013 season, I am hooked and addicted to bow hunting again and look forward to the final days of this season and cannot wait until next September to get here!

Have a wonderful off season, and good luck to all of you still going out there to fill your tag.

-jeff

There truly is a wealth of knowledge here with many years of experience. When I first joined this site it was only for fishing reports, it didn't take long to find these forums and start contributing and learning. I have read books and articles on hunting, too many to count, the first hand, in the field, experience and guidance from some of the posters on here are second to none. I learn more every year. The information on this site has made me a much better hunter. I'm glad you have been able to get the same experience.

Yep, lots of very experienced archers here more than willing to share their experiences. It's what makes HSO as good as it is. smile

Glad you can be part of it, and hope to hear your experiences in the future.

Yes, this is a good place to get and give info! I've learned a lot from people in here and hopefully I've helped a few along the way too.

My season is just about wrapped up and I learned plenty this year once again. Almost 30 years of bowhunting big game and I just keep on learning new things. I love it!