• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A+ to Marcum Customer Service!

muskielaw

I moved this fall and had to leave my ice house outside with all my gear in it at the father in laws house until I could get the pole barn cleaned out. We were commuting back and forth from the cities so it was outside for about a week. When I got back to it the entire fish house was full of water and all of my gear including my LX5 and FL8 were submerged in water. Don't know exactly how long they were under water but could have been has long as week and half. All of my vexlar batteries were toast as the positive terminal disintegrated. Anyway I dried out the LX5 and FL8 with my fingers crossed. To my surprise the LX5 seemed alright and worked my first time out. FL8 was toast but also 20 yrs old. Second time out with the LX5 got the solid red light all around the graph. Called Marcum and Mike said that the head unit was probably shot as they are not made to be submerged in water he figured I would need a new head unit which they would sell me for a reasonable price but said to send in the head unit and transducer and they would check things out. Within two days I got a call back from Mike who said they were shocked when they opened it up as it wasn't as bad as they thought. They r soldered some connection and replaced one of the boards!! They charged me the standard repair fee which is $77 buck and shipped it right back. Had the unit back in less than a week and when I got it back to my surprise they gave me a new smart charger!! Thought adding the smart charger was great as I didn't expect it and they didn't need to do that as it fried in the flood! Anyway thought I would let everyone know my experience with Marcum and leaving ice electronics underwater for over a week:)

Muskie