• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Having pups

DIESELDAN

Want to have pups with my gsp had pups with my lab but that was 12 years ago. Just looking for some pointers from others who have done it lately. If I remember correctly you should get the two dogs together 14 days after first blood. Also what do most charge for a stud fee? Any other tips etc would be appreceated.

Thanks DieselDan

Stud fee really varies, some want the first choice on a pup others it is strictly money. I have shipped my studs semen all over the US this year and have just charged the stud fee. I like to have the dogs together for as long as possible but insist on him going somewhere I know he is safe and know the situation. Pups are a lot of responsibility and I wont breed to a dog that is not titled and had the hips rated good or above. If you want some more insite send me a PM and I can give you more details

You should do your research and find a stud that will compliment your females faults, (they all have a few) then you should get in contact with the the owner and get all the details laid out. you should also get your female tested for bruccelosis as most stud owners will want a clear test god luck.

krecklau german shorthairs