• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need recommendation for new stand!

esox49

Looking at purchasing some new stands for next season and just was wondering what everyone else really likes. Looking for either hang on or ladder type. Something with a big platform and comfortable seat for ALL DAY sits during the rut. Any suggestions?

Thanks

There a many stands that guys will tell you are good for all day......few truly are.

The KEY to ALL-DAY comfort is a reclined sling seat. Few manufacturers incorporate this into their stands........

The gold standard (IMO) is the Millenium M100. Bar none, the most comfortable hang-on money can buy. They are a breeze to hang to. You will want to buy the foam pad (or make your own) if hunting in real cold weather. They also make a couple different ladder stands, but you pay for them......

Another great all day stand is the Summit RSX Eagle. Light and comfy.

A great cheap (but heavy option...37 pounds!) is the Guide Gear Extreme comfort treestand. They go for around $70, so you could buy a few of them and leave them hang for the season.

Your gonna get a bunch of opinions here, but ask if those guys have ever sat in any of the stands I mentioned above........

I have both a Millenium and a Summit. For me the Millenium is by far the most comfortable.A couple of downsides of the Millenium is that the seat folds down very close to the front edge of the platform. You have to stand on the edge to fold the seat up or down. Also the seat is very low. for some this may make it hard to stand up. The side straps for the seat also make it harder to twist for a shot if you need to shoot over the side.

The up side is they are the cats meow for ease of hanging. Very quiet, and yes,you can sit a full day no problem. I just came off 5mdays glued to mine for dark to dark sits. About as comfortable as it gets.

WS