• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for a good dependable rangefinder.

I am in the market for a good dependable rangefinder in the $300 range. I will be using it for deer (shotgun and muzzleloader range) and coyotes, maybe some golf too. Wondering what you guys and gals use and any pros and cons with your experiences. Thank you in adavance for any info

I have a Bushnell Scout 1000. I have had it for just over 2 years now. When I first got it, I checked the accuracy out to 100 yards (a measured distance at the range where I am a member) and it is right on the money. I still have the original batteries in it, although the only time I use it is when I move my portable stand, maybe 4 times a year.

It took some time for me to get used to it. I still have some trouble in the heavy woods where I hunt making sure I'm looking at the tree I think I am. The biggest surprise for me is how deceptive distances can be in the woods; for me things are a lot closer than I thought. I always suspected this from pacing off distances, which is why I originally bought a rangefinder

Most of the big manufacturers range finders will do fine at the price range you're in. They just start adding options from that point that will cost you more.

I opted for a Leupold 1000 but I have a problem with settling...

I like the lit the display vs. the black so I can read it on any background.

I picked an ARC model due to the fact I hunt some hills at times.

I like the scan feature.

The lithium battery lasts forever.

I HATE the carry case it comes with though. I've lost it several times ( I keep finding it thankfully) during belly crawls out west and I KNOW one mule deer heard the magnetic flap snap shut just over the hill at 36 yards. mad

I just put it in my shirt pocket now when I'm stalking.