• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Which new tools will help you this winter?

Jim Uran

I've got some killer new jigs from Northland tackle, Lindy, M&B Jigs, and from Ice-Hopper that will be putting on more fish! I just know it!!!

Got myself some new Ice Spooler reels and a Black Betty that I'm dying to try in the cold temps.

Got a Clam Scout TC to keep me mobile, Might have pick up a smaller heater though, I've got a big buddy that may be a little too much.. Any suggestions?

Plastics will be my main bait all winter long, and I really don't think that the Impulse line from Northland will be beat this year. 1" mini smelt, Tadpole, Tapeworm, and the Stone fly will be my go to plastics, mostly red, pink, and white.

My Humminbird Ice-45 is dialed in and ready for work, I love that flasher. The big screen, easy to read LCD display automatically adjusts to the depth you are fishing. The zoom feature is cool too.

I still haven't picked up that auger quite yet. I may just keep my Strikemaster tecumseh powerhead and pick up a smaller drill for it. Something that can keep me mobile and on the hunt for active fish. I don't care for the cat and mouse game, I want to be on top of fish that are hungry, and I'm not scared to search for them!

I'm still sold on my Striker Lite suit, that thing is solid! Some of the new clothing out there, you just can't beat it for being outdoors and staying mobile and not locked up in a hardshack somewhere waiting for the twilight bite.

These are my panfish tools, and I plan on using them as much as I can this winter, what have YOU got that will hep you chase down our beloved panfish smile

Headed up to Thorne Bros. tonight to do some pre-ice shopping. I may have to pick up a few spools of line for my reels, a couple jigs, plastics, and maybe some other tackle.

I still might purchase one more rod and reel combo yet for the upcoming hard-water season. Maybe a Quiverstick, a Panny or Perch Sweetheart, or another Tripwire (ML Rod).

I am still finishing up some of the modifications that I am working on for both my Strikemaster Glide-Lite and my Clam Kenai fish house. To bad the Kenai has such a high tub wall, otherwise I would go with the dual system by having my Glide-Lite and my Kenai as one unit!

Quote:
Got a Clam Scout TC to keep me mobile, Might have pick up a smaller heater though, I've got a big buddy that may be a little too much.. Any suggestions?

I would give the Little Buddy a try. I own this heater for my one man fish house and I can get hot fishing in just a T-Shirt.

I plan on trying a lot more plastics this hardwater season, especially for those basin dwelling Crappies! I really want to experiment because a lot of companies such as Northland, Little Atom, and CJ&S all make very good plastics for pannies!

I've got my FL-20 rigged up on a Vexilar Pro Mount, so now I can swap it in and out between my Genz Blue Box and my Glide-Lite depending on if I'm fishing in my Kenai or if I am hole hopping. I kind of wish I had the money to purchase just the FL-22HD Head unit because I mainly fish in water less than 40 ft. Maybe next year wink

Got the Aqua-Vu Micro last year and I can't wait to buy the flexible arm mount for it, so that I can mount it to either my Blue Box or my Glide-Lite to use as both a portable and a stationary camera smile

I received the Strikemaster Lazer Pro 3 HP auger last year as a Christmas present and all I can say is I am in love. I can't wait to get that bad boy out on the ice and start punch hundreds and hundreds of holes!

I am hoping to upgrade to the Ice Armor Grey Suit this year because I love to hole hop. Even though I love my blue suit, I think I will stay a little bit warmer by upgrading to the grey.

The ice season really needs to hurry up because I am getting the Hard-Water itch very very very badly!!!

Quote:
wow fish slayer you are ready to slay them!!

What can I say, I enjoy fishing with quality as well as comfort cool

Hopefully we can get some ice soon. I have my Firebrite LED light strips rigged up in my Kenai and I can't wait to get that out on the ice to do some dusk and after dark fishing! It gets kind of repetitive just sitting in the fish house with the garage door closed wink

My goal this winter is to catch either a 10" Gill or a 13" Crappie through the ice. I'm gonna be punchin' a lot of holes!!

BTW Jim, how do you like the Black Betty Reel? I haven't really played with it all that much...

What is the scoop with the drag on them? When the walter hit did you adjust tighter or use your hand as the drag. If it you did adjust tighter was it harder to reel it in. Sorry about all the questions, but never have used one and curious.....