• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hand signals on trails

I'm new to snowmobiling on trails. I noticed when passing groups of snowmobilers that either people are very friendly or they were trying to communicate something. The two signals I saw the most were left arm bent up at the elbow (like a right turn hand signal in bicycling) and left arm extended straight out (like a left turn hand signal in bicycling. Were they trying to tell me there were more snowmobilers in their group following them or just being Minnesota nice?

The arm bent up (with a closed hand) means the last person in a group, or that no one is directly behind. A hand extended indicates sleds behind. If the rider has gloves he may indicate with fingers how many people are behind. (hopefully not the middle one lol...)

Ya, if the leader isnt wearing mittens most that I see will point out how many are in the pack. It really helps if you are traveling in a heavily wooded area were there is lots of tight corners.

------------------
AKA PikeEye 300

following me i will do as what has been mentioned above , but will also point out any hazards , driveways , roads, guy wires, or whateverelse i see you may hit. i will point to the side that they are on also . other wise " ride it like ya stole it "