• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

wanted.. yamaha info

ethan77

I am purchasinig an older yamaha sks??? not sure on the name but it has the outside shock towers on it and I beleive that it is about a 500-600cc motor... maybe a v-max... anyways my question is It has a carb problem... Is there anyone that knows a few things about the carbs that can help me out... it is still earlyi n the stage i ahve not tore it apart yet but I am sure it is in the carb... might even be a fuel pump.. now.. is there anyone up north (Hinckley area) that works on these older sleds? I do not want to take it to a dealer I was just hoping that someone on the net wouild like to make afew bucks... or does anyone have a set of carbs laying around that they want ot get rid of? I will post more when I find out the exact year and name

What does it run like? and by sks do you mean it is a long track mountain max? Is the machine have smart carbs? If you have a running problem and think it is the carbs remove them and check for varnish. They aren't hard carbs to get out. They are good for the air jets on the back of the throat to get clogged and run poorly with out being a dirty carb just a plugged air jet. Where do you live in hinkley? I know you probably want to ride with all the new snow but I will be heading up to Finlayson on friday night. I could probably swing by yer house and take a look.

Well I remebered it is a srv... I don't have the sled home yet i have to go and get it but thanks for the info on the manual.. adn thanks sled head for offering to come up and look at it... do you own a placei n Finlayson? I am about 10 miles form there right of the state trail... I to will not be around since i am going to hit the trails on the old trusty polaris... I got this srv for a back up and the price was very right!

I have a travel travel trailer at waldheim. All the stuff I talked about smart carb and air jets. SRV's don't have those. Most likely it is just a dirty carb. I used to have an 87 SR540. They're a good machine. but i only put about 60 miles on it when I had it. Sold it and bought an 89 EX570.

I just checked with my old boss, he's got one not cherry shape but is a whole seat. wants $60.00, Asked him about the electric start and said you porbably would not find that. pretty hard to comeby. let me know and I could bring it with me this weekend.