• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Winchester Dual Bonded

I normally used Winchester Partition Golds but today while at FF as i was picking up a ammo, i helped another customer as they looked overwhelmed by all the different types of slugs. they had about 5 types of slugs in their hands n i overheard one of them sayin "which one should we get?". so i chatted them up a bit, offered my $0.02, wished them luck on opener, headed to the counter and chkd out.

as i was just now emptying my bag, mixed in with all the misc items i noticed i had pickd up a box of the Dual Bonded. i think they were mixed in the same bin and i dont think i looked at every boxed since i was talkin to the other guys as well. then at the counter the clerked counted the number of boxes and just scanned one box.

long story short, has anyone used the partition golds then dual bonded and have noticed any difference in point of impact? Im guessing they would be different considering they are a tad faster, 10gr's lighter and little flatter shooting.

unfortunately, ammo sales are final so these rounds might just ended up being apart of my anti-zombie assortment lol

sorry for the long story and thanks in advance

I reckon unless you're trying to shoot it in the eye the deer isn't going to much care if it shoots an inch or two high or low. smile

I have a few boxes of Partition Golds but they don't shoot well out of the Hastings barrel. I think the twist is too slow for those (relatively speaking) light and fast slugs.

yea you're right the deer probably wont notice the difference to much.

in theory theyre only about 25fps and 1.2" drop at 150yrds, so yes it still is well within the vitals. esp since most of my shots are within 75yrds anyhow.

Whats the twist rate on your barrel? i shoot a Moss500, which i believe is a 1/36 slow twist. ive always heard the faster, lighter rounds require a faster twist but i manage 2-3" groups at a 100yrds.

with that said, ive also spent a good amount of money dwn the barrel and a sore shoulder to figure out which slug wrks best. lol

I use these after federal discontinued my normal round. I liked what it did as far as weight retention and damaged but couldnt tell you how accurate they were. Had a buddy sight it in since my shoulder was broke.

I would definitly throw one down range before having one in the coat pocket.IMG_2259.jpg