• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

'92 AC Jag - Wiring harness damaged - best way to fix??

Uncle Grump

Hi

My son has a '92 AC Jag. The wiring harness is damaged right next to a 6 wire connector where the wiring leaves the belly pan and goes to the hood.

By damaged I mean one wire (head lights and tail lights) is completely sheared off, and the other 5 wires all have broken insulation.

A further complication is the very short stub of wire I have to work with prior to the plug - the entire harness is buried under the engine/exhaust and frame. There is maybe 2-3" of wire available to work with.

I know I have to splice in a new 6 wire plug. But how would you do it? Crimp connectors? Other method?

Further complicating the issue is the cold we've got, and no place warm to get it in - so tape, etc is going to difficult to work with.

All ideas welcome and appreciated.

UG