• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hang on w/ sticks vs. climber

the man

Hey,

I don't really want to leave my stand out in the woods for fear of it being stolen. I have a climber but I'm thinking about trading it in for some climbing sticks. Carrying my climber in was just way too noisy and heavy. Are LW climbing sticks any quieter and which do you think is faster to setup?

Thanks

I mentioned in a previous thread that I use the lone wolf alpha with climbing sticks. It is spendy but lightweight and easy to hang in many different types of trees in minutes. It is real easy to pack in and pretty quiet. It was worth the money in my opinion. I ditched the traditional climber because I was tired of trying to find a near perfect tree.

I have the LW sticks and love them. I had an older API climber and I hated using it on those cold and calm mornings. I felt like I must have sounded like a moose climbing a tree with all the bark cracking that was going on.

Newer climbers are probably better than what I had but I haven't used in climber in the last 8 years for the noise factor.

If you have a decent climber it should be just a little lighter and a touch faster to setup but the sticks and hang on give you many more options for trees and are well worth it. I would spend the extra $$$ and get lone wolf.

I was in the same situation a few weeks ago and ended up buying a Lone Wolf hang on with a set of 4 Lone Wolf sticks. I have several hang ons that don't get moved much, but I wanted a more mobile option versus a loud heavy hang on and screw in steps. I spent a few hunts paying attention to where I could actually use a climber. I quickly made the decision to stick with a Lone Wolf hang on.

I have only used it once so far, but it packs super quietly and is lightweight. The sticks are different than I'm used to with screw ins, but once you get the hang of it, its super smooth.