• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Amsoil Inceptor

kerryd15

Was in a local Napa this summer looking for an injector oil for my mercury. The guy recommended inceptor. We didn't run the boat as much as I had thought and have the sealed bottle yet. I was looking for an oil for the chainsaw and thought this might work, after reading the bottle I don't think this is the right oil for the boat. It has a rating of API TC. I think the boat calls for a TCW3.

Will this be safe for my boat? Would this be better in an air cooled Arcticat Jag? I don't have the reciept and I bought a gallon.

Thanks

I wouldn't run it in my boat motor. I love amsoil interceptor (I assume this is what you meant) in my dirtbike. It is a racing oil meant for high rpm motors. Unike its cousin dominator, interceptor has chemicals in it to keep the powervalve clean. The oil I run now in my boat is penzoil marine full-synthetic and its $25 for a gallon compared to interceptor that is almost $50 for the same amount. The penzoil oil also has chemicals to keep powervalves clean, but its a TC-W 3 oil and suposedly keeps engines running longer (compared to racing oil, which its only purpose is to keep the engine going till the end of a race). Unless you want to replace the entire top end of your 2 stroke every 50 hours like I do my dirtbike, use a TC-W 3 oil.