• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Darn culvert

Friday night I was riding coming fast around a corner. And ran my right ski into the culvert. I flew a little bit and landed hard. I am really sore. My trailing arm is bent bad. Watch out for those culverts I have heard of people dieing or being in a hospital just because of them

the answer is simple, don't ride through the middle of any aproach, especially early in the year. glad to here you are OK. I hit a barbed wire fence last year, it sure made me sit down and think.

I mark the culverts at the end of my driveways (2) with those driveway reflective markers every year. Every year with the first snow they just get run over by the local kids trying to jump the driveways . They have to know that there are culverts but they always aim for the middle low spot and go. I've been out with friends riding when someone hits one even after telling them to be careful. I guess I'll just quit wasting my money on the reflectors and let them run into them . I just did not want to be the one to have to find someone laying hurt in the ditch . Can't prevent it from happening if the riders just don't care .

[This message has been edited by MnIceman (edited 12-26-2003).]