• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ft. Ripley 1st wkd

Meat-Run

First weekend of the Ripley hunt is right around the corner, who's excited?? Just starting a mental check list and thought of a few things for myself but others might be interested to read. Since I only use my climber for Ripley I figured I would use it a couple times before next week to get myself comfortable again.

Check list:

-saw

-safety harness(s)

-bow hanger

-fresh batteries for headlamp

-water-sky rope/handle for pulling deer out/cart

-wash clothes one more time

-pack lunches

-double set of clothes.

-check forecast- bring camo umbrella if need to...laugh all you want but if your wet it makes for a long day.

-knife

-gutting gloves

-license(s)

-bow

-arrows w/extras

-boots

-camera

-necessary camo

-book for obvious reasons.

-water

-watch/cell phone

-arial map, gps coordinates for multiple spots.

Anything else I'm missing? Please be respectful of others in the woods, if you're walking in the woods a little late please use flash light and don't set up 20 yards on another hunter. If you're in the stand please sound out or shine your light to the oncoming hunter where you're at and above all please use common sense!!!

Regards,

Meat-Run

P.S. I expect this to be another 2,500 man deer drive

[quote name='Meat-RunNext week' date=' 18th and 19th, you?

MR [/quote']

I don't hunt the regular Ripley hunt with y'all. Did my Ripley bow hunt on 3-4 Oct and then will be back here 26-28 November for the Muzzle Loader hunt.

First weekend of the Ripley hunt is right around the corner, who's excited?? Just starting a mental check list and thought of a few things for myself but others might be interested to read....

Anything else I'm missing?

How about a grunt or bleat call, or a range finder?

My son and I will be there on the 17th. He just bought himself a new climber stand with his lawn mowing money. So he is really fired up.

I will finally get my new bow in the woods for the first time...so ya, I'm pretty fired up also.

Borrowing a buddies fish house to take up there. It even has RealTree camo on the outside. cool

5 days and counting....

Nels

Baby wipes, go ahead laugh, but I don't leave for hunting without 20 or so in a ziplock bag

I'm with Pooh on this one. A great thing to have in your bag. Can be used for "you know what" and also to clean up after you are lucky enough to harvest one. Great for cleaning up a deer for pictures and also for cleaning any blood off your hands, etc... takes up no room at all and can come in handy.

You really don't need to be there at 5am on Wednesday. Unless you want to be first 100in line. Last time I got there at about 6pm and had no problem finding a good place to hunt. Seen several deer but no shooters. Some guys like to be first, some don't care. I know of many people that actually show up on Thursday morning and shoot deer. To each his own. Obvioulsy having a camper would make sitting around all day much more comfortable. I am bringing my camper so I will probably be there around noon. It will be fun no matter what. I am pumped!

My wife works out at Ripley. She was talking to some people over the weekend and they were saying that they are planning on people showing up Tuesday night to get in line. They told me to wait about noon on Wensday.