• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tire chains

slammer

A good set of V-bar Diamond should get you going. There is literally a bunch to choose from.

Two or four link spacing seems to be common. Two link probably gives a smoother ride. Make sure you have the tire size when you are looking. Buying chains designed for your tire size allows the best possible fit.

Try to have a price in mind in mind that you are comfortable with. You should have many to choose from for under $100. Just about any set of chains is better than not having any when they are needed, however cheap usually lacks strength and durability.

Some have better lightener’s than others. Chains that flop around or that come loose is an accident waiting to happen.

WS

I bought mine online last year. They are the diamond v-bar with 4 link spacing. They ride great with the diamond pattern and they are good quality. You can choose your size.

[NOTE FROM ADMIN: Your post has been edited. Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank You]

i would also check out tirechains required site. i my self went with the diamond studded pattern. very good on ice as well as in the woods crawling over logs. not as much chains sliding in between the lugs of the tires. constant chains on surface you are driving on. More money yes but i like the traction and climbing ability.

i would say the 4 link for most fishermen, and or plowers would be very effective. if your on a budget get the 4 link. i have seen them from $36 and up. anything is better then nothing. I should note that some wheelers you cant put the chains on both front and back. i know when i bought my arctic cat they told me i would ruin the front differential if i drove it on bare ice.something to do with how the differential is set up. i put the studded diamond patternt on the rear and am happy as can be.