• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Old Gas

Dr. Bob

I've still go gas in my sleds from the year b4 last (Man we need snow this year mad.gif ). It was treated with Sta-bil when it was fresh.

What do you guys think? If it still smells like gas should I burn it? Or should I drain them all out and start over?

I know starting over would be best, but I am really short on available time.

Thanks.

I've used Sta-Bill before and didn't have any problems. Make sure it looks and smells like gas though. Did you run any of the Sta-bill treated gas through the carbs or fog them with Sea Foam before you put it away? If not you're going to want to give your carbs a good cleaning before you start riding to get rid of any residue from the old gas in there. Hope that helps......

depends on how much gas you had in the tank. if it was low, just fill it with fresh gas and go.
its allways a good idea to run it out of gas when storing it for the season, it keeps the carbs from gumming up. gummed up main jets is the main cause of fowl running.

Even though U ran the tank dry at the end of the year there will always be some fuel in the bowl/carb and this is what goes to varnish if U do not use gasoline stabil. I put a shut off valve on my gas line and shut this valve and run the tank as dry as possible then drain the bowl (there usually is a small drain in the bottom of the bowl). Oh yes, I also always use stabil for the last tank at least and then at the start of the year I drain the old gas out of the tank and use it in the old truck and put in new fuel. There are more problems with gas than anything else with sleds. Good riding.

This is not a sales pitch, this stuff just plain works !! SEA FOAM, this product has been around sence the invention of dirt. I have sold tons of it and it does what it says it will do. Just read the lable and if it dosn't work they will refund your money. Sea foam actually disoloves the varnish that has built from OLD GAS. When I was in the auto parts bussiness I would recomend Stabil to stablize the fuel for long storage and Seafoam for long storage and cleaning the fuel systems. I have used Sea Foam years in all my motors and have never ever had a fuel problem, because 90% of the time fuel problems are water and carbon related. Sea Foam also disperses the water so it can run thru the fuel system and softens the carbon so it can go out the exhaust. I was in the parts business for over thirty five years and no longer have to promote any products, so this is not a sales pitch ! Both of these fine product has it place and can be found at most auto parts stores . JUST READ THE LABLE !!! Just remember Chemicals can't fix something that is broken and can't work miracles !

Good Luck !!

Richard

Its an 02 Panther, 570

the place I bought it has a labor rate of $75 per hr, and they say it would be a couple hours. thus the 150.

I found a guy thats done it b4 and said he'd come over and help me learn how.

next sled will be Yellow!

i too am a seafoam fan, but i wonder if it will work fast enough on a slightly plugged carb from storage before it burns down the cyl.my money says, clean the carbs, run nonoxginated gas,use stabil at end of year in last tank, use seafoam in first tank of year.