• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

George Wahl Memorial Muskie Tournament Saturday Sept 29

The dock is IN

The Tournament for stocking Metro waters in honor of the late George Wahl is Saturday September 29. Tournament hours are 7 AM to 4 PM, and most metro muskie waters are included. An awards program and pork chop feed at Thorne Brothers will follow at 6 PM. Proceeds of last years tournament bought yearling muskies, pit and floy tags for a stocking study in Lakes Minnetonka, White Bear and Bald Eagle Lake. Participating in this tournament is an important way to continue to improve the Twin Cities area fishery. Entry fee is $50 per person and all proceeds of the Tournament are used for improving Metro waters.

You can register for the tournament at:

Thorne Bros. in Blaine

Joe's Sporting Goods in St. Paul

Blue Ribbon Bait in Oakdale

through September 28

You can also register online for the tournament at www.twincitiesmuskiesinc.org

Greg Ide

(the pork chops are so tender it is like eating cookies)

I think the feed begins at 5 PM and the awards at 6 PM, but my sheet says 6 PM for both so that's what I put down. Same fabulous pork chop vendor as last year. I think it will be bluebird, slightly warming weather, but I've noticed water temps are slowly dropping, probably due to the cool evenings. Most people are finding active fish.

Greg Ide

( RK- I was on the water in Northern MN during the PMTT event. Terrible conditions with my boat pelted by hail. We saw few fish but did manage to boat more than the entire PMTT field.)