• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My 2012 Archery Deer Season

RumRiverRat

Spent all of legal time hunting yesterday, plan on doing the same today.

Saw the same giant 12 point I saw a couple days ago, I thought I had my stand in a good place to intercept him but no such luck. He was 95 yards away according to the range finder.

Let a really nice 8 point walk within 25 yards while I was sitting in a ground blind eating a sammich. I was tempted to take him, but I am holding out for a 10 point or better. I hope that 8 makes it through the season and stays on my property. He could be a giant next year.

Lots of scrapes showing up.

I made a mock scrape and have a dripper on it. Plan on hunting from a ground blind since the wind is going to be perfect for that spot today.

Hoping to lure in that 12 pointer.

I have become obsessed with him.

A word of advice, always have TP in your backpack!

After having spent all but an hour and a half of legal time hunting Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I am exhausted. Plenty of does running around solo. The fawns and last years fawns are traveling in small groups.

Put a camera out to monitor my mock scrape with a dripper, a few small bucks checked it out.

Killed another Coyote with my bow Wednesday around 2 in the afternoon.

No more sightings of the big 12 point on Wednesday.

If a yearling doe presents a shot today I am going to take it. Need a young tender deer to make into weiners and brats!

Since October 25th I have hunted all day/everyday except the afternoon of the 26th and all day on the 27th.

Have let the same 8 point buck walk 5 times, Once on Monday, once on Friday, twice on Saturday and once on Sunday. He is a nice deer but I have taken 2 bucks of similar size and I have decided to let him get bigger. I am holding out for the big 12 point I have seen several times way out of range of my bow.

Dropped the string on 3 more does bringing my season total to 5.

Have 100 pounds of wieners, 50 pounds of Summer Sausage 50 pounds of Brats and 50 pounds of breakfast links being made.

Until Firearms season opens in a couple weeks I am done with does.