• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Otter flip over

alumacraft3

I bought an otter flip over thermal house last winter. I only got to use it once but when I had it flipped over and sitting in it it rocked back and forth on me. When I leaned back in the seat the whole front of the house would lift up about 3 inches and when I leaned forward it would go back down. Obviously that lets a lot of cold air in and makes it impossible to keep the house banked. I went through more propane that day in a thermal house than I ever have in my regular flip over. Has this happened to anyone else or do I have something wrong with my house?

The only thing that I can think of is, the house wasn't sitting flat on the ice/snow. I am assuming there was a fair amount of snow when you were out? When I pull up to a spot I shovel off the ice where the house will be sitting if there is a lot of snow.

I bought the Cabin thermal this summer and my seats do tilt forward ever so slightly. I called Otter and they said this is normal but what you're talking about seems odd. If its handy to pull out I would set it up in your yard on the flattest part and see if it tilts, if it does something is wrong. If it doesn't tilt at all then you should be fine. You can always call the folks at Otter, they are more than willing to sit on the phone with you for 5-10 minutes (I know from experience!).

One last thing, when I bought mine they recommended setting it up fully and leaving it sit for a day or 2 to stretch out the canvas a little bit. I doubt that is the problem, but could be one more thing to check out.

Take a look at the screws in the back of the sled that holds the back part of the tarp... If it's anything like my eskimo flip over, when i first got it i set the screws in the back of the sled to far down so it didn't leave much room for slack when flipped over. I took the screws out raised them up an inch or two, screwed the canvas back in again and now it's perfect!