• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lift blocks

3 inches is quite a bit when it comes to a block style lift. Make sure if you do decide to do it that you consider that the drive shaft angle will be altered and can cause vibration, extra stress and wear on u-joints. The distance between the transmission/transfer case and the pinion flange will also change as it increases with lift and you could run out of slip-yoke travel when the suspension travels up or down. Raising it that much (just in the rear) will also affect front end alignment and geometry resulting in some handling issues.

Its not as simple as bolting in blocks and heading down the road. Some measuring and checking beforehand can catch some future problems.

A body lift is a less hassle alternative if you really want to raise it that high.

The older fords used to run factory 3 inch lift blocks in their highboy trucks.

I have bulit a few off road trucks and I would not use lift blocks greater than three inches not only because of the drive line angles but the chance of roll under or twist off the blocks.

Never use blocks in the front or a truck either.

As stated you will start to notice vibrations in the truck and you will most likely have to have a drive shaft bulit with a CV joint in it or one at both ends of it depending on the length of it.

I have 3" bocks in the rear of my silverado. If your going to put them in spend the extra $ and get the steel ones, the aluminum ones will mushroom around the spring pads and springs. I found out the hard way blush

3" is quite a bit without no other mods... One think you could check into are air bags... I had a set in a 2000 f150 for towing... and when they where pumped up halfway or more they gained 2 and a half inches at the rear bumper... and the truck looked like it was about to do a summer salt... ok, not that bad, but you could tell it was a quite a bit higher than stock...

Depending on what kind of truck you're putting this in it may be no big deal at all.

The FOrd superduty used 2 different block sizes in their stock trucks if you had an 250 or 350. Many lift kits use a block in the rear.

Depending on the truck, the only negative results from a 3" block will be axle hop. Outside of that, its a cheap, easy lift solution thats been used for decades. I can't see how a body lift is easier than a block with longer ubolts.

Application is more important, that the what or how. Stacking blocks is bad news too.