• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I have a cannon safe. I dont know much about it but it is pretty picky on if you get the numbers in the righ spot. Deadbolts come out the top bottom and sides. Mine holds about 16 long guns and has 5 shelves for handguns or accessories. I dont care for the long gun rack, its like grid you stick the barrels thru, but I got a great deal on the safe.

Liberty seems to have nice safes, but they aren't cheap.

Personally I have 2 Fichet-Bauche safes. (not for the faint of heart. Many thousands of lbs each and require special structural modifications to the floor that holds them.)

Some things to consider are...

- How many long guns today, how many 5 years from now?

- Handguns in the mix?

- Security, fire, or both?

- If security, from thieves or from kids?

- dial, keypad, or fingerprint?

- How does the value of the contents relate to the price of the safe?

- Any historical or irreplaceable items in the safe?

I think my next step will be to have walk in vault built. Just seems like it would be "fun".

A little late but ill chime in...

a few things to keep in mind

-a digital keypad allows you to change the code should your 1st ever get into the wrong hands. otherwise dial you need a lock smith to come out.

-buying USA made is a no brainer

- the biggest thing is go big right away if it says it holds 15 guns you will comfortably get 10 in there plus you add a few with scopes and they take up more room.

- the old saying holds true.. you get what you pay for!

Find some brands you like and lookem up on utube. good luck