• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Batteries

if you are talking about a point and shoot digital camera, you will get annoyed real quick with regular alkaline AA batteries. They do not last long.

Lithiums are much much better. But you pay for it.

Not sure about rechargeables. Just stay away from the regular coppertops or whatever. You don't get much mileage out of them at all.

Eneloops are top notch. I also use regular Energizer rechargables (2500 mah) and have used the same three sets for 5 years! I do rotate them around on a regular basis.

Mike they can go for months just sitting around and will hold a full charge. I was a little skeptical but when I threw them on the charger to check they still held a full charge. I have to buy more because I have been using them for more things around the house and I am running short in the camera bag.

Mike I use the 2000 mAH in AA. I get mine from thomasdistributing but they are now on Amamzon. I also picked up a charger from thomas as well. They are good to deal with and send plastic cases to store the batteries in which works great to separate the charged and discharged batteries.

I get mine from thomasdistributing but they are now on Amamzon. I also picked up a charger from thomas as well. They are good to deal with and send plastic cases to store the batteries in which works great to separate the charged and discharged batteries.

I've found that BH also has them.

I've tried Powerex and have not been impressed. They might be fine for someone that uses them on a weekly basis, but if they sit for a couple months they get almost completely drained. They're definitely not reliable.

+1 for Enloop. Bought them for my inlaws they hold a charge for months sitting in their Panasonic point and shoot. I think I bought them @ proex about 6 years ago and still going strong.