• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dodge towing question

8-Ball

Ok- just bought a Ram 1500 4x4. What size drop drop-down hitch should I get? There are several different drop sizes.. I know it should be as level as possible. Just wanting those that have my truck to chime in. 2", 3", etc? It will be pulling a Crestliner 1750 Sportfish w/90hp motor. Thx! 8-Ball.

I bought a 3 inch for my quad trailer but not nearly as much weight as you are pulling. if you put the boat on the hitch now and load it up, measure the tongue to find out what level might actually be. good luck

When I bought my hitch the guy had a book that listed the correct drop and length for every vehicle. You could probably contact a dealer and find out. If I remember correctly the book was from Curt Hitches

I have a 09 ram 2500 towing a 1750 fishhawk with a 90 Johnson. I have a 3 inch drop for my boat but also have 17"rims. I would say buy both I carry 5 diffrent receavers for diffrent trailers.

Stand with your leg next to the reciever hole. Measure from the hole down your leg to just below your knee cap. That may be how much drop you need. Just below the knee is where I always bang in to the hitch. blush

Pretty easy to figure out. First, take a meaurement of the truck reciever to ground empty. Then take the same measurement with the boat hooked up. This we will call the squat number. Now take a measurement from ground to he hitch on your trailer when the trailer is level and not hooked up to anything.

Take the empty truck number, subtract the squat number and then subtract the trailer number. This will give you the exact number you need.

Example, 21" empty, subtract 3" squat, subract 14" trailer =21-3-14=4" drop.