• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Alumacraft Rod Storage

bigstick56

Hi everyone, recently purchased a 2010 modle 175 Dominator Sport. I love this boat, my problem though is that I have too many rods over 7' long for the center council. I was thikning of using the space on the left hand gunnal to build some sort of tube rod stoarge where I could fit 4-6 more 7' rods. I currently just have them all laying on the bottom of that storage but was thikning of building something so they all have their own tube....Anyone else do this, if so would you mind sharing some pics....Thanks

Hi everyone, recently purchased a 2010 modle 175 Dominator Sport. I love this boat, my problem though is that I have too many rods over 7' long for the center council. I was thikning of using the space on the left hand gunnal to build some sort of tube rod stoarge where I could fit 4-6 more 7' rods. I currently just have them all laying on the bottom of that storage but was thikning of building something so they all have their own tube....Anyone else do this, if so would you mind sharing some pics....Thanks

Too late, should've thought about that before buying the boat. Now, just get some individual slix/rod tube socks. It will keep rods and lines from getting tangle, this alternative is less expensive and saves the hassle from building/customizing a rod tube organizer. If you like to go this route, contact the mfg, they have kits or vendors that build these for each boat.

I'm pretty sure that most people aren't be able to buy the 100% perfect boat. Buy a rod holder or two. You can mount vertically in front of your counsel if you've got one, or horizontally either on the deck or under the gunnel. Lots of options to purchase online

I guess no alumacraft owners out there have run into the probem of having to many rods....hmm i must be the only one who can never walk out of a sporting goods store with out buying a rod....o welll i guess ill just have to figure something out...

I guess no alumacraft owners out there have run into the probem of having to many rods....hmm i must be the only one who can never walk out of a sporting goods store with out buying a rod....o welll i guess ill just have to figure something out...

They fixed that problem by getting bigger boats. j/k

I, myself have just purchased a new alumacraft. I understand what you are saying about the rod storage. So far I haven't really came up with a solution, so I am also interested in what others have done.

I have an Alumacraft Navigator 175 and I utilize the port side storage with tubes for 5 of my rods and then I just stack my rods in the starboard locker and don't worry too much about it. When I have a ton of them in there when going on a trip I just use some rod socks so they don't get tangled so bad. The really nice thing is the starboard locker holds 8+ footers.

full-28403-19976-rodholder.jpg

This is just a prototype of what I am going to be doing in my boat...Have to do some adjusting on hole locations but I will easily be able to fit 5 maybe find room for 6 more rods in the storage compartment of my 175 dominator....I can fint 8' rods in there as well....Ill repost with a final product....