• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Apple tv

I just got one a recently. We have all of our music and some videos in iTunes, so I just wanted to be able to stream it to another part of the house. Seems to work fine. I have had a hickup or two where I had to reset "Home Sharing", but otherwise its worked fine. Haven't tried mirroring our iPad with it yet, as the wife took it out of town on business!

Do you have a specific question?

Once you put you movies on it do you need internet connection to watch? I ask because I was wondering if it would work in a fish house. I now use my iPad with 3G and watch movies from netflix with my connection from my iPad to the tv.

If you are using Netflix, then yes you will have to have an internet connection, since the movies are "streamed". IE: it downloads while you are watching it from the Netflix server vs when you buy one off of iTunes its actually downloaded and stored on your device. If its stored on your device, then you can "mirror" the device using the Apple TV and show it on your TV screen. (mirror = displaying what you see on your device on your TV) Does that all make sense?

If you don't have access to internet and/or don't store movies on your device, might be better just to get the DVD from Netflix and play it through a cheap DVD player.

We have a Netflix account and use that for our movies, while we buy our music from iTunes, for now anyways.

I'm sorry, what I mean is can I put movies on the apple tv box from my itunes account and watch them with out Internet like I can with my iPad. I ask because my iPad doesn't have a lot of memory since I only got the I pad with 16gb and I have about 30 movied in my iTunes account.

No you can't. It doesn't have a hard drive/memory, its strictly a streaming device. I'd maybe just sync a few of the movies vs the entire collection.

There is no "good" standardized way of increasing memory on an iPad, that I am aware of. Its one of the reasons for iCloud, but if you don't have internet access, that doesn't help you. If I hear of anything I will post it.

Anybody else have any ideas?