• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What should i spray brush with ????

coonchaser

I used Tordon from a feed store. It's expensive but works well on brush including buckthorn. For the most part, I cut the brush then sprayed the stuff on the stumps but I did spray some on directly and that works too.

We had alot of the stuff in the pastures coming along the edge of the woods. We used the Tordon and that wiped the stuff out. Not cheap but worked very well. We also had 1 other chemical in the mix but I don't remember what it was but I could find out if you go that direction.

The majority of the sumac we did not cut at all, just spryed it. Took awhile to die but the sumac was good sized.

Sounds like that tordon is exactly what i'm looking for, its mostly sumac and just small upstart tree's growing all over an old fence line, i'm rebuilding an old pasture that has sat dormant for 20 years or so and its just more than i can keep up with so i'm gonna cut and spray and then get some animals in there and that should do the trick....thanks again

Make sure you read the label and use the right ppe when you spray it. It is nasty stuff and can kill more than you want if it drifts or leeches out. There are some surfactants that you can mix with it depending on exactly what you are doing with it. Do a google search for tordon surfactants for brush. Good luck.