• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Time for planting seedlings?

1johntimm

Cucumbers should be planted as seeds. You can do that about 2 weeks before Memorial day. I would not do seedling tomatoes or watermelon until all threats of frost are over. You can start them indoors and slowly harden them but unless you have the ability to cover them if a frost shows up you should wait till Memorial day to plant them in the ground. Brussel sprouts can withstand a minor frost.

I have found that the third week of March is a good time to start tomatoes indoors. I went to a 400 watt light and am not liking the effect on the seedlings. I may have to start over with the flourecent lights till they get bigger then hit them with the metal halide. Onions from seed are doing okay. I have never had luck transplanting cukes from indoors. Seems the change is to radical for them so I start them outdoors a week before Memorial day. Sorry cant help with the other plants.