• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bird invasion in town

IA4PATS

We started out with thousands of geese that stopped migrating in our area. The skies would fill a couple times a day and it has been an amazing winter. The number of geese in these pictures does not do it justice.

full-35062-18157-birds061_1.jpg

full-35062-18158-birds064_1.jpg

Then the eagles moved in. Around here, we get lucky to see a pair that will nest nearby. But this year we'll see 30 eagles sitting in one area at a time. And there are more around.

full-35062-18159-birds071_1.jpg

Just some random turkeys during a snow storm.

full-35062-18160-birds077_1.jpg

This is a poorly lite picture, but I was excited to two eagles "dance" in midair.

full-35062-18161-birds081_1.jpg

Even saw some swans. I have not seen any this close before. The one seems to have a bum neck.

full-35062-18169-birds089_1.jpg

full-35062-18170-birds092_1.jpg

Another eagle, but this one's head is changing. Just thought it had neat coloration.

full-35062-18171-birds107_1.jpg

Another first for me, a barred owl I believe. They are around here, I just have not been in right place at the right time before. It allowed me to sit in my van and watch and photograph him for 15 or 20 minutes.

full-35062-18172-birds129_1.jpg

Three mergansers taking flight in unison.

full-35062-18173-birds141_1.jpg

It might just be the angle, but the 2nd eagle looks like an Osprey to me.

It does look that way, but it was way to big for an osprey and when I zoomed in with the camera you could see the subtle differences. At first glance I thought the same thing.